Monday, May 9, 2016

Mascara review

Today I will be reviewing a product I recently tried out. It is the Tarte lights, camera, flashes mascara. I love mascara so I was very excited to try a new mascara. Mascara is a great product if you don't like to wear a lot of makeup or if you want a natural look. It is also a good thing to try if your just starting out with makeup. Mascara really makes your eyes pop and it makes you look awake, if you have to wake up early like me. This certain mascara has two steps. The wand (or the brush) has two different types of bristles, for two different steps. The first step is to comb the shorter, denser side of the wand through your eyelashes. The next step is to apply the longer, firmer bristles through your lashes.
Do you see a difference in the bristles? It is hard to see in the picture, but it also says one and two on part of the wand. It is hard to explain what I'm trying to say. I think this mascara is a great mascara to try. It does not flake and it also stays all day. It adds length and volume. I give this mascara 9 out of ten stars. The one thing I do not like is the price, very expensive. Other then that I think this is a good product. 
Now I will tell you a tip I have learned through pinterest. I have learned that if your mascara is drying out put it in a cup full of warm water for five minutes. This makes the mascara feel like it's brand new. It becomes smooth and easy to apply. I had the cup about three quarters of the way full. I don't know if it matters how full the cup is. If anyone can tell me the science behind this I would love to know why this happens/works.
I hope this post helped you learn more about mascara and I hope you liked my review. 
Thanks, 
Olivia


3 comments:

  1. That's a great trick! I'm glad I found your blog! Do you have any suggestions on how warm the water needs to be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this mascara also, but I agree with you about the price.

    ReplyDelete