Friday, May 20, 2016

My favorite healthy snacks!

Today I will be talking to you about eating healthy. I know the healthy lifestyle is not for everyone, but it is important to try and eat healthy sometimes. I am not saying you are fat and you need to lose weight, you are beautiful just the way you are. I am just trying to help inspire you to make healthy choices. Many factors play a part in eating healthy or eating junk food. For example if you had a bad day maybe you eat a bag of chips. It is okay to eat "bad" food sometimes, Everyone has off days. I will be telling you how to eat relatively healthy. ***Also note that I am not a nutritionist or a health expert.

My personal favorite is a healthy smoothie, now it is important to be aware that not all smoothies are the healthiest. Even smoothies from smoothie stores like Jamba Juice can be packed full of added sugar and artificial sweeteners. It is best to make homemade smoothies, if you want it to be better for you. I have a recipe on my blog. http://oliviaoistadblogs.blogspot.com/2016/02/smoothie-recipe.html There are many types of smoothies you can try.
Another healthy snack is Skinny pop. You are probably wondering what that is. It is popcorn that has lower calories and simpler ingredients to bring give you a "healthier" popcorn. I understand It is not super healthy, but compared to a bag of potato chips it is better. These snack ideas are if you are trying to become healthier.

Another quick and easy snack is trail mix. This snack is perfect for if your on the go and need an easy, but healthy snack. Trail mix can also unhealthy if it is more chocolate then nuts. I understand a little sweetness, but don't go overboard. My favorite is a kind from Trader Joe's, it has cashews, almonds and dried cranberries.

Thank you for reading today's post. I am sorry I haven't posted in a while. I was having some problems trying to upload a video, but don't worry that post should be coming soon.
Thanks for reading!
Love,
Olivia

1 comment:

  1. This is a great post! It's so important to know a lot of this information. It's easy to snack in an unhealthy manner, but if you know and keep handy healthy snacks, it makes it a lot easier to snack healthy. My parents always make smoothies and for the longest time they were just putting too much fruit into it too. Fruit is a great natural source of sugar, but not to eat tons and tons of every day! Great post!

    ReplyDelete