Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Summer reads!!!

Hi guys, long time no talk! I have been very busy over the first month of summer. I really missed blogging and sharing with you my life. Today I will be telling you what I have been reading this summer. I have only read two books, but right now I am reading two books.

The first book I read was Love that Boy by Ron Fournier. This book is about parenting, but I didn't know that till I started reading it. (I picked it up at the library because it had a eye catching cover.) The book is about a young boy Tyler, who has Aspergers. His dad is trying to understand him and get to know him, because Tyler is not interested in anything this dad wants to do. The father son duo ends up bonding through road tripping to see presidents and historical monuments. I really liked this book. I would recommend it if you're looking for something to read.

The next book I read is We are all made of Molecules. Despite the name of the book, this book is not about science. The main characters are both in ninth grade. Ashley, is a popular,mean girl, and Stewart is a "nerd" who loves school. Stewart's mom died of cancer and Ashley's parents got divorced. The two parents, Stewart's dad and Ashley's mom start dating. That's when both kids lives get flipped upside down. They two family's move in together to start a family. Stewart is exicted to have a sister, and Ashley is devastated that the "nerd" is moving into her house. That's all I will say, because I don't want to spoil too much. This was one of my favorite books I have ever read. You will love it. 

For the last book, this book I am still reading, but it is called Breaking Vegan. No I am not going vegan, actually this book is about the opposite of going vegan. Breaking Vegan is about Jordan Younger overcoming her eating disorder, Orthorexia. Orthorexia is "an obsession with eating the right   foods"(breaking vegan page 9). During hurt eating disorder she becomes vegan, and quickly becomes obsessed with the idea of eating healthy and being skinny. This book is about her journey from her eating disorder too having balance in her life. She also kept a blog while this was happening called The Blonde Vegan ( now known as The Balanced Blonde).

That is all the books I will be talking to you about today. I hope you enjoyed my post. I am sorry I have been gone so long. Leave me a comment telling me what your favorite book is.

3 comments:

  1. I'm reading a Janet Evanovich book right now... Light summer reading, very funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I've got to get the molecules book now- For Sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT's awesome, I highly recommend it!!!!

      Delete